Superior Shotcrete performance
Fibercon steel fibre reinforced shotcrete has been used extensively in:
- Stabilising rock and soil slopes
- Mining ground support
- Architectural features
- Channel linings
- Pipeline coatings
- Structural repairs
Features of FIBERCON
- Proven technology
- Ease of handling
- High strength
- High toughness
- Reduced labour
- Higher production
- Improved safety
Fibercon is used to reinforce shotcrete in major projects around the world.
Fibercon in shotcrete provides ductility to a normally brittle material. Fibercon Steel Fibre Reinforced Shotcrete is attractive as it provides greater flexural strength, flexural toughness, improved durability and application efficiencies.
The homogeneous reinforcement of Fibercon gives resistance to tensile stresses at any point in the shotcrete layer. This also provides crack control from shrinkage and temperature gradients.
The use of Fibercon contributes to a lowering of project cost and improved productivity. Fibercon reinforced shotcrete offers a highly durable, timely and maintenance free support system that can be integrated into a ground support regime including rock bolts, cable bolts or steelsets
The toughness characteristics of Shotcrete are enhanced by the presence of a high tensile steel fibre throughout the concrete. The high tensile steel fibres bridge cracks thus enabling the concrete to support load after failure.
Long term durability is also enhanced as the fibres provide a matrix with a discontinuous reinforcement that can withstand a corrosive environment.
Fibercon Shotcrete can also be applied by remote robotic machinery at heights over 10 metres. This allows for a very safe work environment as personnel can secure areas while reducing exposure in difficult ground.
As a result, Fibercon reinforced shotcrete can be used in conditions that would otherwise require expensive traditional methods that could put personnel at risk.
- For flashcoats Fibercon shotcrete offers instant reinforcement.
- On rough uneven ground Fibercon shotcrete can follow the surface contours. This can mean a significant saving in materials and in labour.
- Fibercon has superior physical properties which can allow the use of thinner layers of shotcrete for the equivalent performance, this can provide significant cost savings.
- With no mesh to place onsite labour and time can be reduced.
- Safety is increased with use of robotic machinery.
- Fibercon increases the flexural toughness and is superior to mesh reinforced concrete.
- Thicker layers can be sprayed as fibres assist in providing greater buildup. Rebound will also be minimised.
- Punching strength is improved and this can enhance shotcrete used with bolting methods.
Project examples and details
Western Mining, Kambalda Nickel Mine, WA.
S38 @ 50Kg/m3
- Total ground support in conjunction with bolts and cables. This mine had rock burst problems and extremely aggressive groundwater.
Western Mining Olympic Dam Uranium Mine Expansion, SA.
S38 @ 50Kg/m3
- A huge expansion to the current development, full shotcrete lining to access decline, work areas and development headings.
Norths Ltd & Sumito JV, North Parkes Copper/Gold Mine, NSW.
S38 @ 60 & 50 Kg/m3
- Australia's largest block cave mine. SFRS to all access areas, draw points, crusher cavern, conveyor decline and part of access decline.
MIM Ltd, Mount Isa Mine X41, QLD.
S38 @ 50 Kg/m3
- One of Australia's oldest and most extensive underground mines. Continuous shotcrete in existing and development work.
Townsville City Council
S38 @ 40Kg/m
- 2 Kilometres of flood way channel lining, 120mm thick.
Bendigo Gold Ltd, Bendigo. VIC.
Shotex30 @ 40Kg/m3
- Ground support and development work
Woodlawn Gold/Copper Mine, Woodlawn, NSW
S38 @ 40Kg/m3
- Ground support, stope recovery and development work
ACT Works Dept, Canberra. ACT
S38 @ 40Kg/m3
- Slope stabilisation and water flumes.
Pradella Constructions, Slope Stabilisation, QLD.
Shotex38 @ 40 Kg/m3 Slope protection with soil nails.
Myer Centre Basements, Minus 4 Levels, QLD. Meriton Developments, Kensington Basements, NSW.
Many other developments
S38 @ 30 Kg/m3
- A patented system called Geocast. This allows continuous, progressive trenching with SFRC placed integrally. Ideal for continuos trenching, Cut and Cover and wall systems in soft ground.
- World leader in steel and Macro Poly technology
- Custom Fibre designs and packaging available
- Excellent crack control
- Superior installation performance